Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Food, Football, and Friends

So we've had a lot of fun. Arabs are completely open (to members of the same sex) and inclined to make friends. I have a lot of fun meeting new people, laughing with them, communicating bad and laughing with them until i get it right. A guy in the Jordanian Walmart spent 15 minutes helping understand milk fats. Here's some stuff i've been up to. if you have specific questions, let me know.

Us at Mustafa's house, a neighbor. He invited us for dinner because it was Jessica's birthday (far right). It was delicious
 The Jordanian national anthem at the game. Sorry for the shotty camera work. I liked the sense of how many shabab there were and how strange it must have been to be a family group there.
In the soccer stadium. One of Robert's shabab friends gave me the bandana.

Esra'a and Ghadeer, friends I met today on campus. Ghadeer lives in a neighboring town, but invited me over to learn to make mansaf and meet her friends and family

Hey 

No comments:

Post a Comment