Sunday, August 5, 2012

Comings and Goings

This has been a week for good friends leaving. Uncle Brad and Aunt Janice dropped in on Monday while taking Marissa's stuff from FL to NY. I was sitting at a table outside Mario's Pizza in Arlington, looking down at my planner, and suddenly, plop “So, how's this internship going?” Behind me “Is this her?” in front “yeah, how are you?” I was surrounded unexpectedly by smiling family members who were either excited to see me or excited to meet me. Aunt Janice's family was there, whom I had never met, but who were the funnest people and so excited to be together and to meet me. 

Wednesday, my marine friend, Nathan, got deployed for a second tour in Afghanistan. Sunday, we had a party for him after church and he seemed to have a good time.Wednesday, my marine friend, Nathan, got deployed for a second tour in Afghanistan. Sunday, we had a party for him after church and he seemed to have a good time.

Maybe too good a time.
This was so awkward at first, I didn't even know how to hold it. Guns seem more of an insecure thing than a secure thing to me. I always think they might misfire. 

Nathan and the super nice Corry who hosted the party. Marines have the hook. When I sheepishly asked if Corry would open his house he was like, “Sure, my brother's a marine, anything for a marine.” Crazy. Corry is the owner of the civilian assault rifle above.

Gangsta signs from my roommate, Melinda, and me.

Nathan's Elders, Elders Yazzie and Norris.

Nathan and I while he took a break from grilling.
 
FSI interns Christina, Madeline, and me at happy hour at a Lebanese tavern with bottomless humus. Drool, drool.FSI interns Christina, Madeline, and me at happy hour at a Lebanese tavern with bottomless humus. Drool, drool.

FSI Interns Christina, Karin, Katie and I. 
This was new in 2011. Had a lot of great ideas in his quotes

Great idea with myriad applications, this is similar to what I want to work in!


This president (FDR) believed in hope, faith, and love. How blessed we were to have such inspired leadership during the Great Depression and WWII!
I think I've already blogged this, but it's the theme of my life! and I'll remember it better the more I talk about it, "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with STRONG ACTIVE FAITH." wahoo


No comments:

Post a Comment