Monday, August 29, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

My friend, Coryse, is picking me up to go to the airport in a couple minutes. I'm excited! I don't have nearly as much fear or anxiety as I thought I would. I did another study abroad in London a few years ago and I was really nervous for that. I'm not nervous for Jordan, despite knowing it will be a lot harder and more rigorous due to studying Arabic. We'll be taking 16.5 credits of Arabic as part of our third year in the language, my major being Middle East Studies/Arabic. I want to work in diplomacy eventually.

Today, my body let me know I'm under a little bit of stress, but my sick stomach went away pretty fast. It reminded me of when I was serving a mission and suddenly got a lot of callings at the same time when I felt I was pretty young and inexperienced. I had an upset stomach all the way from Jackson to Rexburg and just sang "How Firm a Foundation" with my comp. I did it again today and it calmed me down quickly. I'm excited. My next post will be from Jordan!

1 comment:

  1. Here's some simple advice for traveling overseas:

    1. Don't drink the water (maybe you'll take up drinking Coke)
    2. If a French man wants to share a cab with you because they are "so damned expensive", don't do it.
    3. If a man says he'll give you $10,000 if you drive him to Paris, do it. What could go wrong?

    ReplyDelete